Assam Industrial Development Corporation Limited has been incorporated in the year 1965 and it has been registered under the Companies Act. 1956. The objective of the Corporation as laid down while forming the Corporation are as follows:
(i) To promote, establish and execute industries / projects or enterprises for manufacture and production of plant and machinery tools, implements etc. which in the opinion of the company are likely to promote.
(ii) To promote and operate schemes for industrial development of Assam.
(iii) To aid, assist and finance any industrial undertaking, project or enterprise whether owned or run by Government, statutory body, private company or individual with capital credit, means or resources for prosecution of its works and business.
(iv) To promote and establish companies and associations for execution of industrial undertakings.
(v) To procure capital for or to provide machinery equipments and other facilities to any company or association for the purpose of carrying into effect any objects connected with the industrial development and to subscribe for underwrite or otherwise deal with shares, debentures.
The above objectives which were set by the Govt. of Assam while forming the Corporation were solely promotional in nature.
Assam Industrial Development Corporation Limited has been striving towards creating high standard industrial infrastructure in Assam for the growth and development of industries in the State.
Strategy and Business Plan adopted for realization of goal:
1. Restructuring for project development, appraisal, facilitation and corporate service group activities.
2. Project development in PPP mode for generating immediate revenues.
3. Develop export oriented units in the state for better trade facilitation.
4. Use the immovable properties of closed PSUs for better utilization of industrialization.
1. With the objective of developing sustainable revenue sources, AIDC shall pro-actively engage in project identification and development of commercially viable project.
2. AIDC shall grow into a leading consultancy agency for similar organizations of North-Eastern Region.
3. Under the initiative of AIDC with central assistance, two sector specific project namely ‘Mega Food Park’ at Tihu, Dist-Nalbari and ‘Bamboo Technology Park’ at Chaygaon, Dist- Kamrup are under implementation.
4. The Corporation has taken steps to set up sector specific industrial parks in PPP mode and following parks are in progress of implementation – Plastic Park at Gelapukhuri, Dist-Tinsukia, Jute Park at Dhing, Dist-Nagaon, Banana Park and Agro Hub at Matia, Dist- Goalpara, Tea Park near Guwahati, Dist-Kamrup, Chemical and Pharmaceutical Hub at Chandrapur, Dist-Kamrup.
5. The Corporation has taken steps for implantation of a Corporate Complex and a Commercial & Business Hub at its land at Guwahati to accommodate corporate office of different multinational, central & state corporate houses in the Corporate Complex at R. G. Baruah Road and commercial/ business organizations in the Commercial & Business Hub at G.S. Road.
6. The Corporation has taken steps for construction of Border Trade Centres at different places to facilitate border trade with the neighboring countries and already completed one such BTC at Mankachar, Dist- Dhubri and another one at Golakganj, Dist- Dhubri is under implementation by the Corporation.
7. The Corporation has already implemented a Ginger Pack House at Amingaon, Guwahati for value addition and cold storage of ginger. For backward facility, the corporation has taken steps to set up four collection centres at four different places of Assam.
8. The Corporation had taken steps to set up an Air Cargo Complex in the State to be located at LokpriyaGopinathBordolia International Airport, Borjhar, Guwahati to improve the cargo handling infrastructure facility including cold chain facility.
9. The Corporation with the directive of Government of Assam has taken steps for implementation of large cement plant, Calcom Cement Project at Lanka &Umrangshu and IV Fluids project at Amingoan, Dist-Kamrup.
10. The Corporation had initiated steps for implementation three MSME Cluster Development Project at Moran, Dist- Dibrugarh at Sonari, Dist- Sibsagar and at Pathsala, Dist- Barpeta.
11. The Corporation has taken steps to set up a Regional Food Testing Laboratory with central assistance at Tihu, Dist- Nalbari for urgent need of the food processing sector.
12. The Corporation has taken steps to upgrade the existing Export Promotional Industrial Park, Amingaon and Industrial Infrastructure Development Centre, Dalgaon under Ministry of MSME, Govt. of India for better infrastructural facility to attract the entrepreneurs for investment.
13. AIDC has implemented various infrastructure projects like Export Promotional Industrial Park, Industrial Growth Centres and Industrial Infrastructure Development Centres to promote large, medium and small industries in the /state. The Corporation has been successful to attract entrepreneurs in these centres and thereby contributed to the economic growth as well as employment generation.
14. The Corporation also been instrumental to attract mega investment in the State. At Industrial Growth Centre – Matia, 200 acres of land has been allotted to M/S Kohinoor Pulp & Paper Pvt. Ltd for setting up of a Pulp & Paper Plant with and investment of Rs. 1500.00 Crore and another 100 acres of land is allotted to Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd for setting up of a pharmaceutical unit with an investment of Rs. 1285.00 Crores.